Affordable & Professional Snow Plowing and Snow Removal
Since 1986 Affordable & Professional Window & Gutter Cleaning Powerwashing services has served Monmouth County, Middlesex County, & Ocean County
Snow Plowing and Snow Removal Monmouth County
Winter is here! When winter storms hit, plowing and removing snow and ice around your home i.e. on the driveway, walkway, sidewalk, roof, gutters, patio, deck, pool area, garage, and front entrance can be a big challenge. While some DIY enthusiasts may want to do the job themselves, snowing plowing and snow removal Freehold NJ is a tedious and dangerous job, especially if you lack the necessary skills and the right tools and equipment. You risk getting hurt and wasting a lot of time as you try to do the job yourself.
Don’t let the snow and ice wreak havoc on your home! Call in a professional company, such as Affordable & Professional Window & Gutter Cleaning Powerwashing services, to help you remove it to keep your home safe.
Tips for Finding the Best Snow Removal Service in Monmouth County
Heavy snow is beautiful but treacherous. It can cause you to slip and fall, block your driveway and even damage your roof.
While you may be able to shovel a path through on your own, a professional snow removal service can help remove large swaths of snow effectively and efficiently so you won’t need to worry about safely getting to work or damage to your home.
Picture this: The morning after winter’s first storm, you are rushing to work. No worries, a snowplow operator from your snow removal company showed up bright and early and already cleared your driveway. Meanwhile, your neighbors have to lug their old shovel or snow blower out of the garage … if they can even find the garage.
All kidding aside, the question is if you do not want to shovel snow yourself, how do you find a reliable, well-equipped professional snow removal service to hire? And how do you make sure it is the best one for your needs?
Read on to find some tips on hiring the right company for your home’s snow and ice removal during winter.
- Look for Experience– Each home is different, and the experience of professionals matters. Make certain experience applies to everyone on the snow-removal team and not just the business owner. A company that has been in business for many years knows the ins and outs of snow and ice removal. It shows that customers have trusted the company over the years.
Prices vary widely based on the amount of work, which considers the layout of the property, the size of the area requiring clearance, and whether you request the removal of snow from other areas, such as walkways or sidewalks.
Ask how the company schedules jobs. Some companies plow as a part-time job, and this may affect their availability to plow your driveway when needed.
- Get Estimates from Different Companies– There can be a lot of variables that go into consideration with snow removal service and it is highly recommended that you find at least three estimates before hiring.
Make sure you know what you will be paying upfront to avoid surprises in hidden charges. Keep in mind that the lowest price is not an indicator of the best service.
- Ask About Insurance– Who’s responsible should there be damage to your home during snow plowing and snow removal Freehold NJ? Find out what type of coverage your company has, as well as your homeowner’s insurance.
Does your local municipality require the companies to have a permit or license for the snow and ice removal job? Make some calls to find out and then check to make sure the company has one.
- Review Your Contract– Do not settle for a phone conversation agreement; the company should provide a written contract. A company representative should come out to survey your property and make notes about services requested and potential obstacles.
Find out how you can terminate the agreement, if necessary. Get all of these details in writing and always read before you sign. Know all the terms and conditions of the contract. Understand cancellation fees and any extra charges that may apply.
- Know Your Needs
First, know yourself and what is important to you. What exactly do you need?
- a) Snow removal vs snow plowing– Snow plowing simply moves the snow out of your way (and hopefully not onto your neighbor’s lawn), while snow removal includes the additional step of hauling the snow away.
The cost of snow removal will obviously be higher since it requires more equipment and manpower. However, it eliminates those ugly piles of snow in your yard.
- b) Areas of your property to be cleared – For most homeowners, a clear, accessible driveway is a top priority. Many municipalities also require homeowners to remove snow from the public sidewalk abutting their land – at the risk of a citation, should they fail to comply.
Additional areas you might want taken care of include outdoor stairs, walkways, parking lot (for a condo building or commercial property), and the roof of your home.
- c) Special needs– You may want snow removal service at off hours to accommodate your work schedule. Or perhaps someone in your household has a mobility challenge, making extra-clear pathways a priority.
- d) Income premises– Maybe you are not looking for snow removal for your own home, but instead for a rental property or a commercial building. You will want a reliable snow removal company capable of getting the job done with minimal oversight on your part.
- Split Your Payments– Find out how you are supposed to pay for the services and avoid using cash. Most snow plowing contracts take two forms: pay per plowing or pay per season.
If you choose a pay-per-season contract in a light snow season, the company is not obligated to refund any money. So, if you are expected to pay all fees upfront — consider it a red flag. Most companies will split your fee into two or three payments — one at the beginning, middle, and end of the season.
- Get Contact Information– Make sure you know how to contact the company in the case of a snow emergency and know their policies about who to reach, standard contact phone numbers, and any special number for urgent needs.
- Beware of Scams– Remember, even if a company appears to be reliable, it does not mean it is. When a company is reluctant to answer questions, won’t supply proper information, or is unwilling to offer references, there could be cause for concern. Your money might be spent wisely with another company.
Qualities of A Good Snow Plowing and Snow Removal Company in Monmouth County
A good snow removal company has a lot in common with top-notch home improvement contractors. They are reliable, efficient, and well-equipped. They carry an up-to-date business license and proof of liability insurance, plus workers’ compensation for their employees.
Besides, the company you would like to hire needs a commercial driver’s license for each employee who operates a snowplow or other snow removal equipment; possibly a permit from your municipal or county; and either year-round commercial license plates or snow removal plates especially for the winter season.
Remember, you are likely to find the right company to hire if you seek recommendations and/or check online reviews of previous customers.
Snow Clearing Equipment and Supplies
Inquire about the equipment and supplies the company will be using to clear snow and ice from your home. The company you hire should have some or all of these important snow removal tools and equipment:
- a) Snowplow– Residential snow removal companies use trucks, utility vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, or skid steer loaders fitted with a snowplow blade attachment. If you have a paver driveway, ask for a snowplow blade made of rubber, which is less likely to harm the surface than stainless steel. For plowing a gravel driveway, the snowplow should be fitted with protective ” skid shoes.”
- b) Snowblower– A snow blower is great for clearing moderate to heavy snowfalls, no matter how wet or dense the snow texture may be. An added benefit: Not only do snowblowers efficiently move snow but they also compact it.
- c) Snow and ice scraper– Another very handy attachment for professionals to have in their snow-busting arsenal is a snow and ice scraper. This tool works to break up ice and snow that’s too densely packed for a snowplow or snow blower to handle as is.
- d) Power brush– Perfect for regions with moderate climates, a power brush is designed to get rid of small amounts of light snow. It is safer than a snowblower, which can sometimes spray gravel or other debris along with the snow.
- e) Snow shovel – An electric shovel functions well for hard-to-access areas. Even a humble manual snow shovel is useful for adding those finishing touches to your snow clearing.
- f) Spreader– After snow plowing or blowing, a mechanical spreader will make light work of the chore of distributing sand or deicer on paved areas of your land.
- g) Driveway markers– Many snow plowing and snow removal companies Freehold NJ provide highly visible markers (preferably light-reflecting metal poles) to be put in place before the first snowfall of the year. These readily identify you as a customer and prevent property damage by indicating the width of your driveway or location of garden beds.
Finding the best snow removal service requires some research and due diligence. Start your search early so you are fully prepared when the first winter storm hits.
Questions to Ask a Snow Removal Company Monmouth County
Before settling on a snow removal company, ask them some qualifying questions. You can avoid future mishaps, like driveway damage from the wrong type of snowplow, by hiring an experienced and reliable snow removal service.
Important questions to ask include:
- Do you have proof of liability insurance?
- How do you price your snow removal services?
- How many workers do you have?
- How long have you been in this industry?
- Can you provide references?
- Are you willing to sign a contract?
Before hiring, check references to make sure the company is reliable and does quality work. Make sure they are insured to avoid legal responsibility if an accident happens while they are removing snow from your property.
With the winter fast approaching, harsh weather can be highly unpredictable and difficult to deal with. There is no stopping the next blizzard or waking up to a layer of freshly fallen snow and ice. Don’t let the snow prevent you from getting in or out of your driveway after a big winter storm.
At Affordable & Professional Window & Gutter Cleaning Powerwashing Services, we have a team of snow plowing and snow removal professionals Freehold NJ that can help you prepare well to deal with and remove snow and ice now from your property during winter.
Call us today at (732) 462-0462 or get in touch with us online to make an inquiry or request a free, no-obligation estimate.
Proudly serving with affordable and professional services these counties.
All services except window cleaning and snow removal at this time.
Monmouth County All Services
All services except window cleaning and snow removal at this time.
What You Can Expect From Us
Trusted & Experienced
“Training and Experience Make us the Best”
Our corporate training and experience enable us to provide outstanding services beautifying homes one at a time. Our work speaks for itself. For many of our services, we accept no money until the job is completed or we leave bills at the residences. That is how confident we are in our work. This is why we have loyal customers who have been using our services since the beginning.
Reliable & Fully Insured
When we first opened in 1986, we knew that pleasing our customers was the way that we would have a successful business. Over 30 years later we still realize that this is the most important way to operate. Keeping our customers through the years has proven that we have been accomplishing our goal.
At Affordable Window & Gutter Cleaning Powerwashing Services in Monmouth County, new clients and customers are always welcome. So let’s work together, we promise a stress-free enjoyable experience. Without the contracts.
Peace of mind
Affordable & Professional Window & Gutter Cleaning Powerwashing Services is an American owned and operated business with a long name representing excellence in everything we do. Offering our valued customers a trustworthy company to call on for reliable and professional services year round.